Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tribute to Ryan (my brother-in-law)


"Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing . . . but to turn it into glory." -William Barclay

Last month was Ryan's birthday and Sherrie had come up with the idea for this poster and I was able to lay it out for her to give to him as a birthday present. I just wanted to say that it is such a joy to celebrate Ryan's successes. These are pics of Ryan after he finished his first Ironman. I have had the privilege to watch him train over the years for half-ironman and ironman competitions and I have seen first hand his dedication, hard work, and perseverance in accomplishing his goals. It is incredible! Ryan, thanks for your example. It has been awesome watching you pursue your dreams! I hope it was a good birthday.

4 comments:

Sarah McK said...

Great poster! Who's Ryan?

Mindy said...

Ang, I didn't realize you were updating your blog! The last I heard, you wanted to delete it, so I haven't checked back...and look at all I have missed! Also, it's fun to see how popular you are! You get so many comments...People love you and your blog!

Also, I love seeing some of the things you design. You are so talented, and I love seeing some of the things you tell me about on our runs.

Great pics, great stories, great design stuff!
Love love love you!

Anonymous said...

Great quote...

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Congrats to your brother-in-law. I am so glad that came by to visit my little blog. I hope that you and your daughter enjoyed Drum City!